6

Book Review: In Odd We Trust by Dean Koontz and Queenie Chan

Posted by ~*Kaila*~ on 11:08 PM in
Odd Thomas is a regular nineteen-year-old with an unusual gift: the ability to see the lingering spirits of the dead. To Odd, it’s not such a big deal. And most folks in sleepy Pico Mundo, California, are much more interested in the irresistible pancakes Odd whips up at the local diner. Still, communing with the dead can be useful. Because while some spirits only want a little company . . . others want justice.

When the sad specter of a very frightened boy finds its way to him, Odd vows to root out the evil suddenly infecting the sunny streets of Pico Mundo. But even with his exceptional ability–plus the local police and his pistol-packing girlfriend, Stormy, backing him–is Odd any match for a faceless stalker who’s always a step ahead . . . and determined to kill again? (from Barnes & Noble)

What I liked: I liked that the comic/graphic novel style of this book gives the reader a visual of Odd and Stormy as well as the town in which they live. I love the Odd Thomas books and this was a great prequel to the stories found in the rest of the series. Odd is such a great character and the love between him and Stormy is real, heartwarming.

What I didn't like: N/A

Details:

Plans: Lent to my boyfriend and then available


|

6 Comments


I haven't read this one but I have read a lot of books by Dean Koontz.


Dean Koontz is one of my favorite authors, but I have not yet started the Odd series. I will have to look at them.


I love the Odd Series! How interesting that it has a graphic novel set up! Awesome!

Visit my blog!


I have read all the Odd books. Dean Koontz and I go way back....I have read him forever.


Wow, thanks for the review, it sounds like something I'd really enjoy, except I've ignored Koontz for years and probably wouldn't have looked twice at this book if it wasn't because of your review.

I've got something for you on my blog! http://bettysbooks.blogspot.com/2009/08/one-lovely-blog-award.html


I haven't read any of his books yet and have been meaning to do so! This one sounds interesting, i'll have to add it to my list.

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Life, books, reviews - oh my! All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.