5

BTT: Which is Worse?

Posted by ~*Kaila*~ on 1:10 PM in
This weeks question:

Which is worse?
Finding a book you love and then hating everything else you try by that author, or
Reading a completely disappointing book by an author that you love?

I would be so much more disappointed with a book by an author that I love than with a second book by an author that I have just discovered. If one of my absolute favorite authors such as Dean Koontz, Clive Cussler or Nora Roberts put out a book that I hated I would be crushed.

I don't mean that each other only writes books that are similar to previous books but each auther has a certain sense of style that works for him/her. For example, the humor and the insights often found in a novel by Dean Koontz are staples and any book by him that lacked those things would be a greater disappointment than a second novel by an author who's style is not familiar to me.

This is one of the reasons that I was so upset when I did not enjoy Catherine Coulter's FBI series. I love her work but the first of her FBI books that I read left me feeling cold because the characters and the story line were not up to par with those of her romance novels. It's left me questioning whether I would like the thriller series by Nora Roberts.



|

5 Comments


Oh I love Nora Roberts. And I have read a couple of dissapointing books by her, but she has written so many books that I am sure that I'm not going to hate all :)


I agree about Catherine Coulter. Her Legacy series is awesome, but the FBI books are so boring!


Thank you, I did not like Catherine Coulter at all and thought there was something wrong with me. Phew! Thanks for dropping by.


hear hear...I feel the same!!

i don't pay much attention to most author...so I don't fell anything when I find only one of their books is good.

I always wondering bout koontz...but never had a chance on reading one


I felt the same way!

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Life, books, reviews - oh my! All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.