1

BTT: Libraries

Posted by ~*Kaila*~ on 2:10 PM in
Question:

I saw that National Library week is coming up in April, and that led to some questions. How often do you use your public library and how do you use it? Has the coffeehouse/bookstore replaced the library? Did you go to the library as a child? Do you have any particular memories of the library? Do you like sleek, modern, active libraries or the older, darker, quiet, cozy libraries?


I love libraries of all types, always have and probably always will. It does not matter to me if it's a brand new library or an older one as long as it's organised and well maintained; it's a place full of books, how could I not love it? As far as how I use my local library that has changed quite a bit over the years. Since joining bookcrossing I do not really use the library to check out books but I do go there every couple of weeks to scour their for sale racks in order to find books to send to other bookcrossing members.


The one outstanding memory that I have going to the library when I was little is one that still makes me laugh. I started reading novels when I was quite young and I remember going into our local library when I was no older than maybe eight or nine at the most. I walked into the library and the lady sitting behind the circulation desk greeted me; without asking me what type of books I was looking for she says kindly, "the children's books are on the left." I put my hands on my hips and promptly told her that I no longer read children's books, I read novels in a very haughty voice. The look on her face and my mother's laughter behind me as she heard me say this still make me laugh to this day. You will be happy to know the lady recovered quite quickly and helped me pick out some books that although I do not remember the titles I remember that I enjoyed very much.



|

1 Comments


Thanks for your comment on my post!

That's so funny you told the librarian you no longer read children's books! I bet that set her back for a minute!

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Life, books, reviews - oh my! All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.