5

BTT: Best "Worst" Book

Posted by ~*Kaila*~ on 12:03 PM in
This week's question:

The opposite of last week’s question: “What’s the best ‘worst’ book you’ve ever read — the one you like despite some negative reviews or features?”


This week's question was a really tough one for me as I have only started paying attention to book reviews. I was tempted to mention Twilight as a few other players did and I absolutely have to agree with Mo on her BTT choice of The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown but then I started going through some of the books that I have read recently and it hit me. I absolutely adored The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova despite its length and sometimes endless detail. I loved the story, the characters, the history, the setting . . . pretty much the entire novel and yet I have seen a lot of people disagree.



|

5 Comments


My very first thought was Da Vinci Code. I'll have to check out Kostova's book. I see you are reading Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. I keep forgetting about that book. I loved the movie. Adding it to my wishlist. My post is
here


I really enjoyed The DaVinci Code -- great pick.

http://barneysbookblog.blogspot.com/2009/03/booking-through-thursday_26.html


I chose The DaVinci Code and Twilight :)
I haven't read the book you mentioned !


I played ... even though I couldn't think of one :(


I really should read it :)

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Life, books, reviews - oh my! All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.